In an ideal world, tummy tuck results would always look natural. Friends and strangers would not easily recognize that you underwent surgery; instead, they would look at you and want to know your secret to a flat and firm abdomen. Unfortunately, this ideal world is a dream for many tummy tuck patients, as most tummy tuck results are unnaturally flat. To turn dreams into reality, Dr. Patronella devised the True Form Tummy Tuck®: a tummy tuck procedure that always produces results that are natural looking, with authentic contours and subtle definition.
Common Problems With Tummy Tuck Surgery Results
A tummy tuck, also called abdominoplasty, surgically flattens the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat and tightening the muscles of the stomach wall. Due to technical decisions that traditional tummy tuck surgeons make, the abdomen may look flat as a board after surgery, lacking natural definition and shape. Women who undergo abdominoplasty after pregnancy often complain that the waist does not look like it did before pregnancy. In many cases, the results look so incredibly “fake” that patients do not even feel comfortable baring their stomachs. When the tissues are pulled taut without factoring in the natural softness and subtle definition of an abdomen that does not need surgery, the results are often less than ideal.
Knowing that the results of tummy tuck surgery sometimes look “fake,” individuals respond in various ways. Some seek a tummy tuck alternative and attempt to achieve their goals with exercise, skin tightening, liposuction, or even lap band surgery. However, the results of these alternatives often fall short and cannot accomplish all that is possible with a tummy tuck. Other individuals choose to avoid surgery and live with their body the way it is, which can lead to a perpetually poor body image. Individuals who undergo tummy tuck surgery and are unhappy with their results may also choose to “accept their fate,” which can be equally troublesome because their goals are never satisfied.
Rather than settling for less, individuals can pursue and successfully achieve natural-looking tummy tuck results by undergoing the right procedure with the right surgeon. Dr. Patronella has spent many years studying and perfecting the True Form Tummy Tuck® so that he can provide the best tummy tuck experience. With this technique, Dr. Patronella has helped countless patients achieve remarkable results.
The True Form Tummy Tuck® Difference
If the question “which tummy tuck is right for me?” has ever crossed your mind, take a look at the True Form Tummy Tuck®. This technique, devised by Dr. Chris Patronella, focuses on redefining the natural, subtle abdominal contours present in individuals who have never needed abdominal contouring surgery. The True Form Tummy Tuck® ensures smooth and soft transitions throughout the abdomen, producing sculpted and natural-looking results rather than standard and flat results.
To accomplish this, the True Form Tummy Tuck® focuses on the following:
- Abdominal contouring: Traditional tummy tucks pull the tissues downward to flatten the tummy. The True Form Tummy Tuck® accents the various natural contours along the upper and lower abdomen, highlighting the natural midline contour and soft muscle definition to restore a smooth and natural-looking abdomen.
- Waist contouring: The traditional tummy tuck approach fails to fully address the waist and flanks, creating a flat abdominal profile but a “lumpy” frontal view of the midsection. Using contouring techniques such as liposuction, Dr. Patronella thins the waistline so that it gently tapers toward the hips in a longer and more graceful way.
- Smooth transitions: Traditional tummy tucks may pull and suture the lower abdomen in such a way that the incision line creates an obvious line or “step off.” With attentive, precise suturing, Dr. Patronella applies careful finesse to create a smooth and natural-appearing transition at the incision line between the lower abdomen and the pubic area.
- Consistent skin firmness above and below the navel: A traditional tummy tuck surgeon may fail to adequately address laxity in the upper abdomen, and this can contribute to inconsistent skin firmness above and below the navel. With the True Form Tummy Tuck®, the skin and tissues are advanced downward all the way from the lower ribcage to the pubic hairline to produce an equal distribution of tautness, fully eliminating laxity of the upper abdomen and reducing lower abdominal skin and fat.
- Navel contouring: A traditional tummy tuck may fail to define the navel or may give it an irregular shape or angle. Using internal suturing and reattaching the belly button to the underlying muscle, a naturally youthful navel with a deep inward contour is restored.
- Strategic incision placement: Many tummy tuck surgeons place the incision between the hip bones in the lower abdomen, which means that scarring cannot be hidden by some swimsuit and underwear options. With the True Form Tummy Tuck®, the lower abdominal incision is low on the bikini line for easy concealment of any scarring.
- Muscle tightening: Weakened abdominal muscles may not be sufficiently tightened with traditional tummy tuck techniques. Dr. Patronella uses internal sutures to bring the muscles together and repair the stomach wall for stronger definition.
The key to the best tummy tuck results comes down to how a tummy tuck is performed. Dr. Patronella has earned top honors for his innovative techniques in tummy tuck surgery with the development of the True Form Tummy Tuck®. With its focus on natural-looking results, this procedure adds youthful definition and contour to the abdomen. Patients who undergo the True Form Tummy Tuck® can achieve their ideal results and have their abdomens sculpted with subtle contour variations, natural features, a consistent skin tone, and sensual beauty and elegance.
The best tummy tuck surgeon for you will understand your needs and your desires for a natural look with a defined and firm abdomen. Dr. Patronella is one of the nation’s foremost specialists in body contouring procedures and has spent years refining the True Form Tummy Tuck® to be able to achieve optimum results for every patient. To request your personal consultation with Dr. Patronella, call 713-799-9999 or fill out his online contact form today.