The Cost of Tummy Tuck Surgery
Posted March 22, 2012 in Uncategorized
A tummy tuck is major surgery that involves numerous components to achieve high-quality aesthetic results and the safest possible outcome for the patient. These elements will be reflected in the price you pay, so be wary of using cost as the sole criterion that influences your decision. A reputable, skilled plastic surgeon will not cut corners to save costs at the expense of compromising your health and aesthetic results.
Dr. Patronella noted, “A proper tummy tuck requires a significant amount of skill to perform. Cost is an understandably important consideration to weigh in making the decision to pursue cosmetic plastic surgery. But if the price of having a well-done procedure is prohibitive, it would be best to either reconsider or wait to have it done until it is feasible.”
The advent of companies such as Care Credit and M-Lend have made this a more viable option for many. By offering financing plans for tummy tuck surgery and other elective procedures, these companies break the total cost down into affordable monthly payments, similar to the process one may use to purchase a car.
In evaluating the price of tummy tuck surgery, carefully investigate the following aspects that comprise the entire experience:
- The qualifications and skillfulness of the doctor and surgical staff
- The professionalism of the staff and support personnel
- The comfort and attention to detail you receive from the staff
- The quality and safety of the surgeon’s office and surgery center
- The care you receive before, during, and after surgery
- Your surgical result
Dr. Patronella uses only board certified anesthesiologists to administer anesthesia and monitor patients, and he performs surgery in a private surgical facility that is licensed and accredited—a label which indicates adequate emergency equipment and procedural protocols are in place, and the doctor is properly trained in the procedures he performs. While these measures add to the expense of having surgery, they help to ensure the safest possible conditions are provided for patients.
Oftentimes, fees that are quoted do not include all the costs that are associated with the procedure, which can make it difficult to accurately compare and assess the true value. The $9200 starting price for tummy tuck surgery with Dr. Patronella is comprehensive and includes all of the costs associated with the procedure, including:
- The surgeon’s fee
- The anesthesiologist’s fee
- The surgical facility fee
- A pain pump to alleviate discomfort during recovery
- Compression garments to reduce swelling
- An overnight stay in one of Dr. Patronella’s private surgery center’s four private post-operative recovery suites, where you will be carefully monitored by Dr. Patronella’s caring, well-trained staff of registered nurses
- A visit to your home on the day following surgery from a certified medical professional who will monitor your recovery, change your dressings, assist you with medications, and provide Dr. Patronella with an update on your recovery
- Follow-up visits
- Supplemental vitamins to support your healing and recovery
- Postsurgical therapeutic massage with a licensed massage therapist
- A microdermabrasion or chemical peel skin care treatment to smooth and brighten facial skin
Each component has been included in order to optimize the aesthetic outcome, safety, comfort, and recovery of patients to provide them with an exceptional level of attentive service. This has proven to be an invaluable source of reassurance and comfort to patients, who appreciate that every detail of their care has been carefully planned and carried out to ensure their experience is as smooth, satisfying and rewarding as the new look they receive.