A Comprehensive Program to Support Your Recovery & Comfort After Tummy Tuck Surgery
The amount of time it takes to recover from tummy tuck surgery varies depending upon the extent of abdominal repair required and each patient’s physical condition. The majority of tummy tuck procedures include repair of the muscle wall and require 10 to 14 days to recover. If no muscle wall repair is necessary, the recovery period is 7 to 10 days.
Dr. Patronella developed a comprehensive recovery program to ensure his patients’ recovery from tummy tuck surgery is as smooth, comfortable, and speedy as possible. The components of this program include:
- Gentle postsurgical therapeutic massage with a certified massage therapist in the relaxing setting of Dr. Patronella’s Added Touch Medical Spa
- Vitamins and products formulated to prepare your body for surgery and support its healing afterwards
- A visit to your home/hotel a day or two after surgery from a certified medical professional from Dr. Patronella’s Home Health team who will monitor your recovery and provide your caregiver with helpful instructions for your care
- A Scar Recovery Program with products to diminish the tummy tuck scar appearance
This gentle massage blends Lymphatic and Swedish massage techniques to provide the following benefits:
- Stimulate the lymphatic system to reduce bruising and swelling
- Help you to regain your flexibility and range-of-motion
- Stimulate nerve endings to help diminish numbness
Home Health Visit
As part of this exclusive service, patients recovering in the Houston area are offered a private visit to their homes or hotel accommodations from a certified medical professional who monitors their recovery, changes bandages, and educates the patient’s caregiver in providing appropriate care techniques. This healthcare professional provides Dr. Patronella with an update on the patient’s recovery, which allows him to address any potential concerns.
Vitamin Recovery Support Program
Dr. Patronella’s Tummy Tuck Recovery Guide
Prior to your surgery, a member of Dr. Patronella’s staff will discuss information to help you prepare for your tummy tuck surgery and recovery, reviewing subjects such as preparations to follow before surgery, medications and herbs to avoid prior to surgery, and instructions for the postoperative period.
In addition, Dr. Patronella created a Tummy Tuck Recovery Guide to provide you with instructions and recommendations for each stage of the recovery process. This helpful guides covers topics such as arrangements to make before surgery, items to have on hand, appropriate forms of exercise, ideal recovery foods and those to avoid, and incision care. In addition, helpful tips from some of his tummy tuck patients are included to give you encouragement and insights from a patient’s point of view.
Copyright © 2011, 2012, 2013 Christopher K. Patronella, M.D. All rights reserved.
TRUE FORM TUMMY TUCK® and TRUE FORM ABDOMINOPLASTY® are trademarks of Christopher K. Patronella, M.D.